The Barra Fort, also known as Pombalino Forte, Forte or New Castle Gafanha, was built in 1640, in Gafanha da Nazaré, during the War of Restoration, sporting, by virtue of its function, seventeenth-century military architecture.
In 1974, the Fort was considered a cultural heritage building. Continues to perform support functions to the signaling of inland navigation and was built with defensive lines and typical angled bastions of his time.
Forte da Barra
3830-565 Gafanha da Nazaré
GPS: 40º38’42.147’’ | -8º43’58.332’’